LinkedIn for further information.
Master's Degree International Relations: Ethics, Peace and Human Rights
2020 - 2022
New York University
Human Rights and International Law Concentration. Global Gender Studies Specialization
Women's and Gender Studies and Sociology
2013 - 2017
Dean’s List, Fall 2016, Spring 2016
The Diane Lyden Murphy Bread and Roses Award for Activism, May 2017 Awareness Recognition Award, LGBTQ Resource Center, April 2017 Empowered Bystander Award, Greek Awards Ceremony, April 2017 Student Leadership Award, National Association of Negro Business and Professional Women’s Club, March 2017 Women Empowerment Design Award, Residence Life, February 2016
UNIVERSITY OF WEST INDIES. KINGSTON, JAMAICA
- Completed class work for The Caribbean: Sex Workers, Transnational Capital, and Tourism and learned aboutJamaican politics through a feminist lens
STUDYING ABROAD, FARADAY HOUSE, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
August 2015 - December 2015
- Completed class work to understand multicultural aspect of London and hegemonic British Masculinity
- Gained understanding of cultures and social traditions in London, Morocco, and Spain, while also rapidly adaptingwith individuals in unfamiliar environments
Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Organizing Operations Coordinator
February 2020 - Present
- Provide administrative support to the Associate Director of Operations and direct administrative support and day to day calendar and workflow management for the team principal.
- Conduct financial administrative processes for the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns Department including expense tracking, processing payments for contracts and grants, and financial reconciliation.
- Administer contract(s) processes including requesting and executing contracts and grants as well as document management.
- Coordinate support for key meetings including preparation of materials and logistics.
- Serving as the primary operations liaison to the team including administrative support.
- Plan and execute logistics for large scale organizing events and campaigns across multiple departments and Planned Parenthood affiliates including conferences, lobby days, actions, and retreats.
- Managing budget and contracts processes for the team across programs and multiple funding streams/entities including budget tracking and technical assistance to department staff.
- Assisting with internal communications regarding field activities, including reports, newsletters, and updates to senior staff.
Planned Parenthood of New York City
Adult Sexuality Educator, Bleecker, NY
October 2017 - 2018
- Facilitate workshops for adults and immigrant community members solo and/or co-facilitate with other Adult &Professional Program staff
- Assist with planning, scheduling and confirming workshops, group education and outreach sessions while alsoassisting with basic administrative duties including collecting demographics, forming data sheets and setting up andbreaking down special events
- Developing and fostering partnerships with local community based organizations and businesses in order to facilitateworkshops and build strong relationships
March 2017 - 2018
- Condense experiences of queerness, being a women of color and having mental disabilities into 500-800 word count stories for Bold Latina: Latinx owned blog highlighting stories with those of marginalized identities
- Titles of Articles: Sangrando Para Liberación (December 2017), Dear White Woman Poem (March 2017), Stop Feeding Us Heteronormativity: El futuro es Queer (June 2018), Dear Mama La Revolución is Within Me (May 2018),Ancestors Secretos de la Comida de Tierra (October 2018), What ‘Men are Trash’ Really Means (July 2017),Becoming the Morena Storyteller Warrior (June 2017), Letting to the First Generation (May 2017), Erasure of Mental Disabilities in Latinx Households (April 2017), No Longer Hiding My Hoops in AmeriKKKa (March 2017)
Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York
Outreach and Education Specialist, Syracuse, NY
June 2017 - September 2017
- Designed and presented programs that meet the educational needs of the community: Healthy Relationships, Safe Sex, Birth Control, Teen Pregnancy, etc.
- Ensured proper documentation is written for client records, annual and funder reports
- Attended communication meetings held at University and/or other designated sites, as scheduled. This also included participating in community events such as health fairs and school and college presentations.
Planned Parenthood of Central and Western New York
Public Advocacy Affairs Intern, Syracuse, NY
January 2017 - June 2017
- Participated in meetings with Syracuse community in order to discuss on future projects and collaborations based onreproductive rights
- Incorporated Planned Parenthood’s resources to students at Syracuse University through collaborating with StudentsAdvocating for Sexual Safety and Empowerment Organization
Resident Advisor, Syracuse, NY
February 2016 - May 2016
- Developed positive living environment in order to design community within residents and faculty by often resolvingconflicts
- Created activities for residents that can address issues such as culture appropriation, diversity, and other socialawareness topics
- Maintained all bulletin boards and fliers with accurate, up-to-date, and useful information. Won Best and CreativeBulletin of the Month Award.
Public Speaking Experience
not all listed. For more information, please visit Linkedin.
University of Kent - Paris, France July 2020
- Facilitated a workshop on Food Revolution for their Food Festival
John Jay College of Criminal Justice May 2019
- Key-Note Speaker for LGBTQ+ students graduation ceremony.
Mount Holyoke College November 2018 Public Speaker
- Led a discussion, “Decolonizing Foods As a Queer Woman of Color” hosted by LGBTQ+ Center: Familia Board of Mount Holyoke
Southern Connecticut State University November 2018
• Spoke on behalf of the intersectionality experiences of being a queer woman of color with mental disabilities for event called La Mente en Frente hosted by the Women’s and Gender Studies Department, The Multicultural Center, The Sage Center, and the Violence Prevention and Support Center
New York University March 2018
- Directed a discussion around Mental Health Disparities and Queer oppression in Latinx Households for event called La Mente en Frente: A Cultural Healing Experience hosted by L.U.C.H.A Organization
- Formulated a workshop on Mental Disabilities and Immigration in Latinx Households hosted by Lambda Theta AlphaLatin Sorority Incorporated, Epsilon Mu Chapter
Advocacy and Leadership Experience
Founder and Executive Director
March 2018 - Present
• Create internal structure for organization and positions needed such as coordinators, retention and recruitment directors, data specialists, education directors, marketing directors, merchandise consultants and graphic designers
• Facilitate workshops for young kids, adults and immigrant/folks of color community members solo and/or co-facilitate with other Veggie Mijas Organizers
• Assist participants in making appointments to call future Organizers for Veggie Mijas and making sure they have the information and resources they need for future events in their city.
• Provide resources and referrals to folks in the community that need help with finding food pantries, book recommendations, and health referrals.
• Manage with planning, scheduling and confirming workshops, potlucks and community events. This requires making templates, phone agendas, and planning phone calls for post-events feedback.
• Foster partnerships with local CBOs and businesses (e.g. vegan businesses, vegan folks of color organizations, and vegan activists in the community, etc.)
OutRight Action International
United Nations Program Intern, New York, NY
June 2019 - August 2019
• Monitoring developments at the UN via meeting observation, websites and reports
• Supporting advocacy efforts by civil society by providing desk-based research support initiatives
• Drafting communications to governments, diplomatic missions, the UN Secretariat, mechanisms, special funds and programs, and civil society
• Providing administrative support, including database maintenance, record keeping and filing
• Coordinating with Outright regional staff in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the Caribbean
Chancellors Task Force on Sexual & Relationship Violence
Students Advocating Sexual Safety and Empowerment Representative, Syracuse, NY
August 2016 - January 2017
• Raising awareness of the Task Force's activities and disseminate its findings and recommendations through social media, educational events, and outreach
• Assembling and reviewing the institution's sexual relationship violence prevention, education, and advocacy policies and procedures and identifying areas for improvement
• Reviewing and assessing existing education and prevention programs to address issues based upon promising practices and/or evidence-based methods
Mitú Accelerator Program: We Are Mitú
Social Media Intern, Los Angeles, CA
June 2016 - August 2016
• Freelance and Marketing for We Are Mitú, while also creating ideas for videos based on Latinx Feminist Diaspora or Latinx relatable context
• Produced videos by using other social media outlets such as La Liga Magazine, a Latinx Magazine, to do community outreach in Los Angeles, California
• Wrote content based on Queer Latinx experiences and provided information on how to be an ally through social media
• Video "Latinas on Body Issues" was feature on the We Are Mitú page, while then shared in other well-known Latinx social media platforms such as TheeKatsMeoww, Latina Rebels, La Feminista Descolonial and Nalgona Positivity Pride
La 72: Casa del Migrante
Education Intern, Tenosique, Mexico
June 2016 - August 2016
- In charge of registering new immigrants from 8 AM till 9 PM while showing them around the shelter in between
- Collaborated to cook and serve food to refugees from morning till night time, while also making sure new members received food when arriving. Would also help prepare sleeping arrangements that same day.
- Created events and new ways to entertain refugees. These events varied from parties to educational programs in order to talk about intersectionality such as gender, race, and class. This included teaching young kids about diversity and other topics in terms of self-identities.
- Assisted immigrants if needed, emotionally or physically
Chadwick Residence: Women's Shelter
Education and Trauma-Based Assistant, Syracuse, NY
September 2013 -January 2014
- Provided skills to help and improve a woman’s independent living such as teaching writing and reading skills inEnglish and how to be professional in a working space
- Prepared class notes in order to mentor and encourage various forms of parenting
- Devoted time to be there for women that needed extra support such as speaking about issues regarding domestic violence and mental disabilities
- Spanish - Fluent
- English - Fluent
Summary of Qualifications
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Photoshop.
- Experienced in writing, creating, editing, and researching
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively, shown through leadership experiences
- High personal and professional integrity
- Strong background in community engagement work
- People person – able to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization